Monday, February 13, 2006

Cast of Characters

Ok this place was full of characters. I'll try to remember some of the names, in no particular order.

Dave Sharp - Manager
Gwen Peper - Education Major. Known to utter the phrase "Oh my!!" quite often.
Tim Sheridan - worked there briefly, guitar player.
Paul Sheridan - Tims brother.
Tim Diebolt - A cook. Tim Sheridan, Tim Diebolt, Rex, Martin Hamar, Marty's sister Charlotte and I had a house on Oakland Ave. for a couple years.
Kerri Blum - great friend and anti-agent provocateur
Billy gregarious southern boy. Special ed major. Girlfriend Mary then Ann
Ann and Billy and another couple had a place on Summit
Joe Randolph - actually known to study. We were a bad influence on him. He ended up throwing pretty good parties.
Paul Pryor - one of first co-owners. Enabler of many a late night beer blast / card party.
Izzi - was there the first year I worked. Had a strange attraction to red hair and green eyes.
Pete Costales cook. enjoyed mind altering, knives and heavy metal
Martin Hamar - his catchphrase "deeeceeeent!!!"
Tom Davis - my roomate when on 9th ave.
Amy
Gwen Ross Left shortly after I started

I'm sure more will occur to me later as I pull tales from my faulty memory.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee the Bee said...

Oh and a great guy everyone called Cheech, which made absolutely no sense. First of all, he looked more like chong with the beard. He was an art history major, ended up working at Batelle. He generally only worked Saturdays...one of the oldtimers. He was well read and had a great sense of humor. People would try to buy dope from him because of the nickname, but beer was his only thing. The supplemental beer from the tap seemed to be a motivating factor for many of the cooks there, me included. Cheech was constantly complaining about his hillbilly girlfriend.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Lee the Bee said...

remembering a couple more names...this could go on for days!

Debbie Duerk used to work the dining room during the day. Excelled at crossword puzzles. Somewhat manipulative personality, but a friend. Went to a lame Manhattan Transfer concert with her.

and Billy's last name was James. How could I forget Billy James...

9:32 PM  
Blogger Lee the Bee said...

Remember and another PC Alumni...Kevin. Roomate of Joe Randoph.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Lee the Bee said...

And I think I remember Cheech's real name. Jim Easley? Hope I'm getting at least some of these right! I was one of the few that actually called him Jim. I expect undying gratitude in return.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Lee the Bee said...

And John Carpenter was the Corvette driving housemate with Billy, Ann and...aw man! I can picture her face... Jill!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Lee the Bee said...

and Peggy. From Steubenville. Club hopping VW driving. A major fan of Ronald Koal and the Trillionaires.

Bill Jelenik. Sports fan. Seemed to be studying sports journalism. Did a Chris Berman impression when Chris Berman was still new and unique. Bill 's cute little girlfriend worked at Pizza City too. He doted on her. She split with him. Happy Bill became sad Bill.

Marilyn. Big personality. A constant talker. Too much for some people to handle...like Tim Diebolt. He would be pulling his hair out when they worked together. Very entertaining. :)

There is another Tim...last name escapes me...oh and another Tim.
Tim Fair. Moustache, always smiling. His girlfriend worked at Pizza City for a while, till one day she was pinning Tim to the wall, blaming him for all kinds of stupid stuff...forget the details. I looked at her and said something like "you're a real bitch." And Tim looks at me and says "You're right." I feel a little bad because she was for the most part a sweet gal, and it was probably something she just needed to grow out of. But on the other hand I helped set Tim Free! Funny thing about Tim Fair. When you first talk to him you would swear he was gay. He had this sing song effiminate Mike Tyson way of talking. I brought that up after I'd known him about year...he just shook his head. "I knoooow" He answered in a swoopin gay sounding voice. It was a little discouraging to him about his voice...but apparently beyond his control. Great buddy. I would now and then introduce him as Tim who isn't gay.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home