Thursday, February 16, 2006

Getting Hired at Pizza City

A friend of mine, Jim Bricker had gone to Ohio State a couple years before me and he insisted I should go get a job where he had worked, Pizza City. If he only knew the path of destruction he led me to!

After writing my contact info on a guest slip they called me back the day I applied. A waitress said go back and talk to Dave. A gruff guy with hair all the way down his back was leaned over a table making pizzas as fast as he could. I went behind the table to talk to him through the rack holding pans with rising dough. He only glanced up as he kept sprinkling cheese, and dealing pepperoronis. "Got a valid drivers license?" "Yeah" "Can you be here at 5?" "Yeah" "You're hired" I started to answer but he had spun away slamming oven doors and moving down to sauce up another shell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home